I know last week’s post was kind of a bummer, so I’m here today to drop some holiday cheer!
Christmas is my favorite time of year (unbelievable, right?).
Every Christmas I get so excited and filled with ideas of things that I want to do during the holiday season, but sometimes I get too busy or forget to check everything off my list! Have you ever had that problem?
At the beginning of fall, I made a bucket list with everything I wanted to do in the coming months. You can check that out here.
I’m proud to say that I completed most of the items from that list. Will I be able to tackle this Christmas bucket list? I sure hope so! You see, we have several exciting reasons to celebrate this Christmas. This year, my husband took on his dream job, we moved to our dream city, and we found out that we are expecting!
This Christmas is going to be the last Christmas my husband and I have “kid free”. Therefore, I want to make the most of the holiday season and have as much fun as we can!
Let me break down the items on the bucket list…
- See a Christmas light show- I grew up seeing a Christmas light show every single year. My family of 7 would pile into our Ford Expedition and take turns making corny holiday jokes as we checked out the light displays. This tradition is one that I want to carry on every year! However, now that my husband and I live in a new city, we need to find a light show to enjoy for ourselves!
- Make a hot chocolate bar- Okay ladies, you know what I’m taking about. You’ve seen those cutesy pinterest pictures with hot chocolate stand and cups filled with marshmallows, candy canes, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc. I want to invite some people over and make some crazy unique hot chocolate!
- Watch a Christmas movie with friends- this goes along with the item above. Once we all have our hot chocolate, we can snuggle up in some holiday blankets and watch a Christmas classic! *always looking for good Christmas movies if you can recommend any!*
- Keep the Christmas cookie tin full – Growing up, we always had a lot of Christmas cookies in the house during the month of December. It was awesome because whenever people stopped by, we could offer them some homemade cookies! I really want to continue this and make sure that the cookie tin is always full.
- Read Christmas stories – There are so many great Christmas stories out there and I never actually take the time to read them! Last Christmas I purchased the original Night Before Christmas story for my husband. I thought it would be cool to start a tradition of reading it every Christmas Eve!
- Go see a Christmas show/play – There is a super cool theater here in my town that puts on the most remarkable plays. My husband and I found it during college and we’ve seen at least one show there a year since. This year, they are putting on A Christmas Carol, and I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE IT.
- Drop off cookies at fire/police stations – Something I didn’t realize until my husband started working in law enforcement was that first responders such as fire fighters and police officers often have to work on Christmas. This means that they have to be away from their families to protect you and me! I really want to make an effort this year to bake a lot of Christmas cookies and drop them off at local fire stations and police stations!
- Spend time with family- the older I get, the less time I am able to get together with family. I always look forward to this time of year because everyone starts to come home and we can catch up!
- Go to Christmas Eve service – Growing up, my family always went to the Christmas Eve service and it was a beautiful reminder of God’s love and new hope. We found a church in our new town, but we haven’t been here for a Christmas yet. I’m excited to check out how our new church handles Christmas!
There you have it! My bucket list items. Do any of you have any particular activities you want to get done this holiday season?If so, let me know! I’m always curious to see what other families do and might even steal some ideas!