I am a frugal human being. Seriously- It takes nerve for me to shop anywhere besides the clearance rack and I always choose store brand products over name brand ones!
Great Value anyone?
Now that my husband and I are supporting ourselves in this scary adult world, I’m trying even harder to save an extra buck!
I started making these muffins a few weeks ago when I realized a few bananas we bought were going bad faster than we were eating them. I stuck them in the freezer and forgot about them until a few days later when I was looking for something sweet to eat!
Guess we were out of ice cream because a few minutes later I was measuring flour and mixing eggs!
The original recipe is from Allrecipies.com and can be found here
However, after making this recipe a few times, I put my own twist on it! Here’s my recipe!
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 medium sized bananas
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Put butter in a saucepan on low heat and add bananas to the saucepan (this caramelizes the bananas and creates a boost in flavor! Bonus points if you froze your bananas and forgot to defrost them ahead of time!)
- While that is meting, put your flour, baking powder, baking soda, egg, vanilla, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and banana mixture. Smash the bananas into the the mix!
- Grease your muffin pan and slowly add the mixture into the muffin cups!
- Bake for 25 minutes and ENJOY!
I’ve noticed that these muffins stay fresh in a plastic bag for about two days after baking!